Federal Way, WA
Close up of Federal Way, WA woman smiling about the new porcelain veneers she received from her dentist.Porcelain dental veneers can dramatically change the look of your teeth quickly and easily. Having beautiful teeth can change the way you look, how you feel about your appearance, and how you display your confidence. At Tran Family Dentistry & Associates, we care about your biggest feature, your smile, and we can help you have a smile that will light up a room. Ask your dentist how you can get the look you want without braces, without teeth whitening, without caps. From reshaping to filling gaps and covering stains, dental veneers can solve so many cosmetic dental issues.
Dental veneers are a thin shell of porcelain that we bond to the surface of any or all of your front teeth. We use them to change the appearance of the teeth that are most likely to be seen in normal use. Veneers require the reduction of the natural tooth before placement, and along with that, we can reshape the natural tooth to fit the desired look. This means that we can achieve several different options with veneers including:
- Even Your Teeth: We can make your teeth appear longer or shorter, giving them an even appearance.
- Straighten Your Teeth: If your natural teeth are twisted or out of alignment, we can make the adjustments through reshaping the natural teeth when reducing, to give a straighter look.
- Fill Gaps: We can close the gaps between your teeth by using veneers that are more appropriately sized.
- Hide Stains: Whether your teeth are stained from fluorosis or normal use, your teeth can look whiter and cleaner with the placement of dental veneers.
- Cover Broken or Chipped Teeth: We can use a dental veneer to cover teeth that are damaged from fracture or chips. There is no reason to live with damaged teeth, we can easily give you that perfect and professional look.
How it Works
Our dentists are happy to evaluate your smile and make recommendations based on your needs. Some patients may only require a single veneer; others may want eight of them. We are happy to show our patients the dramatic change that we can make in just two dentist visits, versus the years it can take with other options such as braces.
Your dentist will help you create a treatment plan that will alter the size, shape, color, and look of your teeth. You will get to select the shade that you prefer, though we may offer options that best fit with your surrounding teeth, or recommend a whitening treatment for neighboring teeth before placement. Once this preparatory step is complete, your dentist will then prepare the tooth.
First, the natural tooth is reduced in size; it may also be shaped. Your dentist will then etch the tooth - this will strengthen the bond when the cement is placed. Yes, your natural tooth is permanently altered following this necessary step. We will place a temporary veneer over the tooth while waiting for the permanent veneer to be fabricated.
Once the permanent veneer is ready, your second appointment will be the placement. We will remove the temporary and clean the area, preparing it for bonding. The veneer will be checked for precise sizing and placement and then cemented into place. Your dentist can make any necessary adjustments at that time.
Your dental veneers are strong, durable, and can be used as you would your natural teeth. You do not need to alter the foods you eat or feel the need to use extreme caution. You brush and floss with them as you do your other teeth. They should last you several years.
Give us a call at (206) 212-0394 to schedule your appointment today.
Learn more about our other Cosmetic Dentistry services: